Reading Hypnotherapy - for Chronic Pain
Hypnotherapy can help with Chronic Pain
Chronic pain can be debilitating and if not effectively managed can have a negative effect on all areas of your life. If you have chronic pain and are looking for a natural way to manage your pain then Hypnotherapy for pain can help you:
- Increase your ability to control your pain
- Enable you to relax more easily
- Provide you with new strategies to reduce your pain
- Provide you with an additional, natural tool to manage you pain
- Boost your motivation to do things in life that you enjoy and which absorb you - so pain becomes less of a focus for you
- Address any associated anxiety, stress and sleeping problems
How does it work?
The latest brain imaging techniques have helped us understand that various parts of the brain and nervous system are involved in the process of someone feeling pain. If activity within these brain areas can be changed, then the pain experienced can be reduced.
And that’s where hypnotherapy can help. Hypnotherapy for pain can help you change how your brain perceives the pain and therefore reduce the pain you feel.
As part of the work we do together I will teach you ways of reducing your pain. Being more in control of your pain can have positive effects on many areas of your life. Pain becomes a less central feature of your life; you are then free to enjoy doing things your pain has been preventing you from doing.
It's important you have a confirmed diagnosis from your GP or specialist before we work together. Equally if investigations have found no physical explanation for your pain then of course I can still help.
Please do call me on 07710 360926 or complete my contact form if you want to find out more how I can help you.